Posted to user@flink.apache.org by VALLEE Charles <ch...@edf.fr> on 2016/06/17 13:11:43 UTC

Flink on YARN : Amazon S3 wrongly used instead of HDFS

Hi everyone,

I followed Flink on YARN's setup documentation<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/setup/yarn_setup.html>. But when I run with ./bin/yarn-session.sh -n 2 -jm 1024 -tm 2048, while being authenticated to Kerberos, I get the following error :

2016-06-16 17:46:47,760 WARN  org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader                       - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

2016-06-16 17:46:48,518 INFO  org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.impl.TimelineClientImpl     - Timeline service address: https://**host**:8190/ws/v1/timeline/

2016-06-16 17:46:48,814 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClient                         - Using values:

2016-06-16 17:46:48,815 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClient                         -   TaskManager count = 2

2016-06-16 17:46:48,815 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClient                         -   JobManager memory = 1024

2016-06-16 17:46:48,815 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClient                         -   TaskManager memory = 2048

Exception in thread "main" java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem: Provider org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem could not be instantiated

    at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:224)

    at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$100(ServiceLoader.java:181)

    at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:377)

    at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:445)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.loadFileSystems(FileSystem.java:2623)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2634)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2651)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:92)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2687)

    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2669)

    at org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClientBase.deployInternal(FlinkYarnClientBase.java:531)

    at org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClientBase$1.run(FlinkYarnClientBase.java:342)

    at org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClientBase$1.run(FlinkYarnClientBase.java:339)

    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)

    at org.apache.flink.yarn.FlinkYarnClientBase.deploy(FlinkYarnClientBase.java:339)

    at org.apache.flink.client.FlinkYarnSessionCli.run(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:419)

    at org.apache.flink.client.FlinkYarnSessionCli.main(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:362)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/amazonaws/AmazonServiceException

    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2532)

    at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:373)

    ... 18 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.amazonaws.AmazonServiceException

    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

    ... 23 more

I set the following properties in my ./flink-1.0.3/conf/flink-conf.yaml

fs.hdfs.hadoopconf: /etc/hadoop/conf/

fs.hdfs.hdfssite: /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml

How can I use HDFS instead of Amazon's S3?

Thanks, Charles.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37864969/flink-on-yarn-amazon-s3-wrongly-used-instead-of-hdfs

Re: Flink on YARN : Amazon S3 wrongly used instead of HDFS

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,

sorry for the late response. I put an answer on Stack Overflow.

Regards,
Robert