Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/28 12:41:00 UTC

[Merge] hyperv branch to master

Hi,

I would like to merge the support for Hyperv to the master branch. Development for this has been done by Donal, Rajesh, Anshul and I on branch [1]. The feature was proposed for merge earlier [3] but unit tests for hyperv agent code were requested [4].

Checklist:
The development for the feature was earlier done in branch [2] but later moved to [1].
Jira ticket for the feature is here [5].
The FS can be found at [6] and [7].
Unit tests for the feature are available at [8]

This link [7] also provides details of third party libraries used by the plugin including their licenses. No source for these libraries is used, and the binaries are downloaded from their distributors at build time. No proprietary tools are required for the build.  For instance, C# compiled with Mono has been tested. Mono setup details can be found here [9].

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/repo?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/hyperv
[2] https://github.com/lafferty/cloudstack/tree/hyperv_plugin
[3] http://markmail.org/message/cm7kdwh6l2ea772e?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecloudstack-%2A+Minimal+Hyperv+plugin
[4] http://markmail.org/message/vxknappvyovhmeyp?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecloudstack-%2A+Minimal+Hyperv+plugin&page=3
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-999
[6] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Hyper-V+2012+%283.0%29+Support
[7] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Progress
[8] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/repo?p=cloudstack.git;a=blob;f=plugins/hypervisors/hyperv/DotNet/ServerResource/ServerResource.Tests/HypervResourceController1Test.cs;h=ec91e9ff21742bde78873ed7cee49f2423e425b9;hb=refs/heads/hyperv
[9] http://dlafferty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/building-your-microsoft-solution-with.html

Regards,
Devdeep

RE: [Merge] hyperv branch to master

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
+1.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.
The changes have been merged to the master branch.

Regards,
Devdeep

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.