Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@imediation.com> on 2001/06/11 19:40:23 UTC

RE: better reuse/extension of build files - How about an OO appr oach for build file definition?

Yes I proposed this feature so that a build manager could propose an
interface (or more, an abstract build)that is inherited from by all build
files to avoid code duplication. and provide a consistent set of targets
across builds.

If the build file does not fit well, the project guys could decide to
override the appropriate target. This is not possible as of now especially
since targets cannot be defined twice.

But maybe we could achive a somewhat similar thing via a clever use of
namespace...

--
 Stéphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France