Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/10 21:33:15 UTC

[Camel-MLLP] New Apache Camel Component

Hi All,

I've been working with Quinn Steveson upon a new Apache Camel
Component for working with MLLP endpoints.

The source code is currently a work in progress, however we'd like to
obtain feed back from the community. If this component appears to have
general interest, we'd like to discuss donating to the Apache Camel
community for inclusion with the rest of Camel components.

Git Repo:
https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-mllp

Cheers,
Jamie

Re: [Camel-MLLP] New Apache Camel Component

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
Thank you Hadrian -

I’ve been doing integration for Healthcare providers for about 15-yrs now, and this component was inspired by some of the other tools I’ve used.  I love Camel, but the current support for MLLP in Camel is a bit cumbersome.  My goal is for Camel to achieve functional parity with the other tools I’ve used in the past, and my hope is this component will be accepted as a donation to the Apache Camel Community.

I’m working on a few lose-ends in the component now, so any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Quinn Stevenson
quinn@pronoia-solutions.com <ma...@pronoia-solutions.com>

Posted by jgoodyear <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Hadrian,

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9416 to track our
request to have the Camel-MLLP component reviewed, and if found proficient,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
If I recall correctly the need for a more specialized mllp functionality
with camel-hl7 was pointed out a few times in the past years in camel.
There was even a contribution [1] that for some reason was not included.

 From my direct interaction with the healthcare industry, camel is

Posted by jgoodyear <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you kindly for the links.

Re: [Camel-MLLP] New Apache Camel Component

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Jaime, Quinn,

The docs are hosted at the apache confluence:

You'll need to to create a new page with the MLLP doco and link it in this:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s180/sh/351c59df-e90c-4d81-acd4-0dd637265ebe/e5ad546f737ffe9609cfc8e3538de8f6

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Components

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:34 AM, jgoodyear <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We'd like to start on the documentation for the component - where can we
> find
> information on the documentation standards and the process for creating
> them?
>
> For submission we'd like to have available documentation for the website's
> component list, and a page that goes into details of the Camel-MLLP
> component. Can you send us the git repo URL for the website/manuals?

*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

Re: [Camel-MLLP] New Apache Camel Component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Quinn for the detailed explanation of your reasons.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Quinn Stevenson
<qu...@pronoia-solutions.com> wrote:
> Thanks Claus -
>
> Yes - I’m intimately familiar with the camel-hl7 component.  I’ve been trying to
> implement it at a few sites for some time now.  We have some of the basic MLLP
> functionality working using it, but it just seems harder than it should be.
>
> Please take a look at the README.md ( https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-mllp/blob/master/README.md <https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-mllp/blob/master/README.md> )
> for the camel-mllp component.  It’s still a little rough, but I tried to capture the
> rationale behind writing this component.
>
> Quinn Stevenson
> quinn@pronoia-solutions.com <ma...@pronoia-solutions.com>
>
>> On Dec 11, 2015, at 12:03 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> There is an existing hl7 component that supports mllp with mina2 or netty4
>> http://camel.apache.org/hl7
>>
>> I wonder if you know if yours is different than what we already have?
>>
>> I would think that its better to reuse a library like netty to do the
>> TCP communication than instead of writing this yourself.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Jamie G. <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've been working with Quinn Steveson upon a new Apache Camel
>>> Component for working with MLLP endpoints.
>>>
>>> The source code is currently a work in progress, however we'd like to
>>> obtain feed back from the community. If this component appears to have
>>> general interest, we'd like to discuss donating to the Apache Camel
>>> community for inclusion with the rest of Camel components.
>>>
>>> Git Repo:
>>> https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-mllp
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jamie