Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Vinicius Barros <vi...@yahoo.com.br> on 2011/08/28 04:43:02 UTC

Enc: Final Evaluations results processed for LUCENE-1768: NumericRange support for new query parser

Hi,

As you can see in the email below, I have successfully passed on my GSOC 2011 program. I am really glad right now when I look behind and see how much I have learned and contributed, much more than I had expected.

Thanks everyone for giving me this chance, specially to Uwe and Adriano who helped me a lot along the project.

Thanks again,
Vinicius Barros

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Congrats and thanks!

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

You should deprecate classes in 3.x that will go away in 4.0. Same applies
to methods and other code. Deprecation means that this code will no longer
work in 4.0 if it keeps unchanged (which is not completely true anymore in
4.0, as we also have completely backwards incompatible changes to lower
level APIs in Lucene).

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

De: Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>
Para: dev@lucene.apache.org; 'Vinicius Barros'
<vi...@yahoo.com.br>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 29 de Agosto de 2011 7:37
NumericRange support for new query parser

Hi Vinicius,

Thank you very much!

Will you submit the patch for upgrading trunk, too (after the 3.x changes)?
Once this is finished, we will commit changes.txt entries and close the
issue.

Uwe

-----

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>