Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/18 01:24:24 UTC

[Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 2)

Hi All,

I have created a source tar ball for Apache Myriad 0.2.0-incubating,
release candidate 2 based off the feed back received from release candidate
1.  Specifically, the NOTICE file has been updated to 2016 and the
framework properly shuts down when using the web ui.

Here’s the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYRIAD/Release+Notes

The commit to be voted upon is tagged with "myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc2"
and is available here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-myriad.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc2

The artifacts to be voted upon are located below. Please note that this is
a source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/myriad/myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc2/

*https://home.apache.org/~darinj/gpg/2AAE9E3F.asc
<https://home.apache.org/~darinj/gpg/2AAE9E3F.asc>*

**Please note that the release tar ball does not include the gradlew script
to build. You need to install gradle in order to build.**

Please try out the release candidate and vote. The vote is open for a
minimum of 3 business days (Friday May 20) or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s)
is reached.

If/when this vote succeeds, I will call for a vote with IPMC seeking
permission to release RC1 as Apache Myriad 0.2.0 (incubating).

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Myriad 0.2.0-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Darin

Re: [Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 2)

Posted by Sarjeet Singh <sa...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (Non-binding)

Verified md5 and sha512 checksums.
D/L myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc2.tar.gz, Compiled & deployed it on a 1 node
MapR cluster.
Tried FGS/CGS flex up/down, and ran long/short running M/R jobs.
Tried framework shutdown from UI/API, and tried re-launching myriad again.
Tried Cgroups and able to launch NMs w/ cgroups enabled successfully.

-Sarjeet

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
I'm voting +1.