Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastian Hoß <ma...@shoss.de> on 2009/09/24 18:08:55 UTC

DOAP Plugin issues

Hey,

wanted to try the DOAP plugin[1] but ran into some problems:

1) When you don't specify an <developerConnection> element inside your
POMs <scm> element you'll get a NullPointerException as follows:

[INFO] [doap:generate {execution: site}]
[INFO] Generating a pure DOAP file...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.doap.DoapMojo.writeSourceRepository(DoapMojo.java:1062)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.doap.DoapMojo.writeSourceRepositories(DoapMojo.java:1009)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.doap.DoapMojo.execute(DoapMojo.java:378)

The Code in question assumes that the developer connection is always
specified and therefore runs into trouble if it is not. Easiest way
around this is to specify the developer connection or on the code side
replace

	String developerConnection = scm.getDeveloperConnection();
	writeSourceRepository( writer, developerConnection );

with

	String developerConnection = scm.getDeveloperConnection();
	if (developerConnection != null) {
		writeSourceRepository( writer, developerConnection );
	}

This is (of course) just a proposal and it should/must be applied to
the anonymous SCM connection as well or you'll run into trouble again
if someone does not specify that.

2) The plugin documentation is wrong regarding the site integration[2].
It states that you have to add an additional meta tag which hrefs

	"${project.url}/doap_maven-doap-plugin.rdf"

But the plugin calls the final .rdf file doap_${artifactId} so the
above line should read:

	"${project.url}/doap_${artifactId}.rdf"

Apart from that, the plugin rocks!

Greets

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-doap-plugin/
[2]:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-doap-plugin/examples/with-site-plugin.html

Re: DOAP Plugin issues

Posted by Sebastian Hoß <ma...@shoss.de>.
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:37:40 +1000
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Would you mind submitting these to JIRA?
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDOAP
>
> If you can attach patches to correct them they can be applied and
> released relatively easily.
>
> - Brett

Hey,

I did not find any guidelines on how to properly produces patches so the
ones I've created may need to be reworked (trivial since they change
almost nothing). Anyway the issues are at:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDOAP-22 and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDOAP-23

Greets

Re: DOAP Plugin issues