Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jaco Gillman <ja...@t-systems.co.za> on 2007/05/29 17:09:47 UTC

JMX TimerMBean & Tomcat

To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently having some issues with implementing a TimerMBean for
scheduling on a Tomcat instance. Basically I want to be able to have a
properties file of configurations for a scheduler that cleans up a
cached folder in our application and I was investigating the possibility
of using the TimerMBean for this. I have by now used Google to search on
this topic and I am fairly confident in saying that not a lot of people
have used MBeans (and more specific TimerMBeans) in a Tomcat instance.
Or is there another (beter) solution for getting what I have described?

Is there any possibility that you can help me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jaco Gillman

T-Systems South Africa (Pty)Ltd

Java Developer

Address:   Sanlam Head Office, Strand Road, Bellville, 7530

Postal Address:   P.O. Box 1, Sanlamhof, 7532

+27 21 947 3452 (phone)

+27 21 947 2791 (fax RSA)

+27 83 596 2375 (mobile)

email: jaco.gillman@t-systems.co.za
<ma...@t-systems.co.za>

Internet: http://www.t-systems.co.za <http://www.t-systems.co.za>

This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or
distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such
case you must destroy this message and inform the sender of the error.
T-Systems does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, information
and viruses contained in the transmission of this message. Any opinions,
conclusions and other information contained within this message not related
to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only
and is not endorsed by T-Systems.

T-Systems - Business Flexibility

RE: JMX TimerMBean & Tomcat

Posted by "Pitre, Russell" <RP...@shawmut.com>.
Have you taken a look at Quartz?

http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

Quartz is a full-featured, open source job scheduling system that can be
integrated with, or used along side virtually any J2EE or J2SE
application - from the smallest stand-alone application to the largest
e-commerce system. Quartz can be used to create simple or complex
schedules for executing tens, hundreds, or even tens-of-thousands of
jobs; jobs whose tasks are defined as standard Java components or EJBs.
The Quartz Scheduler includes many enterprise-class features, such as
JTA transactions and clustering.

Quartz is freely usable, licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

Russ