Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Josh Snyder <jo...@admob-eng.com> on 2008/02/22 17:51:06 UTC

What to use instead of globPaths (deprecated)?

Hi,

In the current API documentation, FileSystem.globPaths is marked as
deprecated. However, I couldn't figure out what I could use in its
place. What is the preferred alternative to globPaths?

I'm new to this list and to Hadoop, so I apologize if this is obvious
-- but grepping + skimming didn't reveal the answer either in the API
documentation, the user mailing archives (since 200707), or in the
0.16.0 code itself (where globPaths still seems to be in active use).
On a related note, it would be awesome to make the mailing archives
searchable online...

Thanks,
Josh

Re: What to use instead of globPaths (deprecated)?

Posted by Josh Snyder <jo...@eng.admob.com>.
Sorry, I'm an idiot. Following the law that says one figures it out
immediately on pestering others -- globStatus will do it.

Thanks,
Josh