Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/10/03 22:33:03 UTC

Resize data-disk doesn't work after upgrade

Dear all,

After upgrading to 4.2.0, I tried to resize a data disk of a VM instance
from 20 GB to 60 GB, through the Cloudstack GUI. The UI reports that the
resize was successful, and that the data disk is now showing 60 GB instead
of 20 GB. However, when I check the actual disk on the VM, it seems that
it's still 20 GB.

Any reason what might have been the cause of the problem? I even tried to
re-partition it to see if the size changed, but it wasn't and still at 20
GB. Which logs I need to look into?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Resize data-disk doesn't work after upgrade

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I don't know how RBD works.  If there are qcow2 files that you can
"see", you can check them with qemu-img.  If there are no files I think
resizing on RBD probably doesn't work since the script that does the
resize only supports resizing qcow2 files and CLVM volumes.

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Dear Marcus, Kirk and all,