Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2018/04/30 12:46:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.12.0 (OSGi R7) take 2

I added the missing license headers and made sure rat runs on all builds.
---

This release of Aries RSA is the reference implementation of Remote
Services and Remote Service Admin from the OSGi R7 spec. It was tested
against the TCK and passes all tests.

See here for the specs we implement:
https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.remoteservices.html
https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.remoteserviceadmin.
html

Keep in mind though that at the moment only the TCP transport fully
supports the new spec.

Some highlights are:

   - Support for async return types like: Future, CompletableFuture,
CompletionStage,
   Promises
   - Can transport all primitive types including the OSGi DTO types
   - Zookeeper discovery now creates a lot less nodes and needs only one
   listener

I've staged the release at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1127

For a list of issues resolved see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARIES/versions/12341022

Release Notes - Aries - Version rsa-1.12.0

** Bug
    * [ARIES-1759] - Fastbin fails to bind if a configuration exists with
the same port
    * [ARIES-1760] - Primitive type do not work as parameters in TCP
transport
    * [ARIES-1763] - Upgrade capabilities and API for remote service admin
1.1.0 spec

** New Feature
    * [ARIES-1756] - Support osgi.basic.timeout
    * [ARIES-1757] - Implement osgi.async intent
    * [ARIES-1758] - Support osgi.basic intent
    * [ARIES-1764] - Also send events using eventadmin

** Improvement
    * [ARIES-1769] - Make sure services with unsupported intents are not
exported
    * [ARIES-1771] - Support modification events
    * [ARIES-1774] - Refactor Zookeeper discovery to use only one listener
for all zk endpoints
    * [ARIES-1775] - Remove DiscoveryPlugin
    * [ARIES-1776] - Fixes for tck secure tests
    * [ARIES-1778] - Use endpoint id as path in zookeeper

Please review and vote

Here is my
+1

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.12.0 (OSGi R7) take 2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.12.0 (OSGi R7) take 2

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks,

François

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.12.0 (OSGi R7) take 2

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
+1