Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Iman Reihanian <im...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 14:24:01 UTC

Add a project to Apache incubator

Hi Guys,

I developed a project and 80% of it is complete, I would like to join it to
Apache incubator and at the end as Apache project, I am read incubator
guides, but I have some question yet.

1. I will send an email about my project proposal to which email after
finishing creating proposal?
2. It is necessary to supporting with a sponsor, and where could I present
my project to given sponsor?
3. How can I access to a champion?

Thank you in advanced.

Re: Add a project to Apache incubator

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Iman,

1. The first thing is to create a ProjectNameProposal on the Incubator
wiki. http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/
This proposal will introduce the project, the rationale, etc.
2. When your wiki is done, you can send an e-mail to
general@incubator.apache.org with the [PROPOSAL] prefix.

It's not a problem to not have mentor or champion. One of the purpose of
the incubator thread is to introduce a project. If ASF members are
interested by the project, they will register on the proposal.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré