Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Parker <da...@logicalmonday.com> on 2008/11/10 22:39:27 UTC

PoolingConnection vs. PoolableConnection in DBCP

I am trying to get dbcp running, and I suspect I am doing something
wrong with my configuration.

I thought that PoolableConnectionFactory would return
PoolableConnection objects, but looking at the code it returns a
PoolingConnection. PoolableConnection.close() does what I would expect
- return itself to the pool, but PoolingConnection.close() actually
closes the Connection.

Am I looking the wrong place?
Thanks.

aloha

-- DAP
David Parker                                                  david@logicalmonday.com

"If you want sense you'll have to make it yourself"
										- The Dodecahedron

Re: PoolingConnection vs. PoolableConnection in DBCP

Posted by David Parker <da...@logicalmonday.com>.
Oh, didn't notice that PoolableConnectionFactory WRAPS a
PoolingConnection with a PoolableConnection.... Still don't understand
why my Connections are getting closed ;-(