Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark Modrall <MM...@glgroup.com> on 2007/06/04 21:47:13 UTC

canned fileset with replaceregexp

Hi...

            I was looking to can the fileset definitions for a
<replaceregexp>, but when I looked more closely, it seems like

1) <replaceregexp> can have a nested <fileset>

2) Unlike nant, <fileset> doesn't have the id/refid concept (at least
according to the docs)

3) <path> does support id/refid and can have nested <fileset>s but
<replaceregexp> doesn't seem to support <path>

            Any way to do this?

Thanks

Mark

This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.

xmlproperty semanticAttributes and CDATA

Posted by Mark <ma...@yahoo.com>.
It appears the with semanticAttributes set to true
properties are still not expanded if they reside in
CDATA sections.  E.g. (in properties file):

<myxmlproperty><![CDATA[<script
type="text/javascript">
   var myVar = "${myproperty}"
</script>]]></myxmlproperty>

The property inside the CDATA section remains
unexpanded.

Dividing up the CDATA sections so that the parts with
the  properties are expanded does allow them to be
expanded but the property value is not parsed
correctly (parts are missing and out of order).

Is this a bug or intended behavior?  Is there some
other way to do this (other than adding another
replace task)?

Thanks,

Mark

RE: canned fileset with replaceregexp

Posted by Mark Modrall <MM...@glgroup.com>.
>Um... You didn't explain what you're trying to do. Are you attempting
to build a PATH based upon a regular expression?

> <fileset> can take patternsets in the form of a refid.

I'm trying to create a shared list of files to be operated on by
multiple tasks.  I.e. one task will apply <replaceregexp> to a set of
files to change some text tokens before compilation.  Then another task
would use the same file list to revert those files in the scm system
post-build.

My understanding was that <fileset> needed either dir or file specified;
in other words <patternset> was relative to whichever was specified in
<fileset>.

<path>, with it's ability to include multiple filesets and define a
complete set would be great, only it doesn't seem that some tasks like
<replaceregexp> take them.

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

On 6/4/07, Mark Modrall <MM...@glgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi...
>

>             I was looking to can the fileset definitions for a
> <replaceregexp>, but when I looked more closely, it seems like
>
> 1) <replaceregexp> can have a nested <fileset>
>
> 2) Unlike nant, <fileset> doesn't have the id/refid concept (at least
> according to the docs)
>
> 3) <path> does support id/refid and can have nested <fileset>s but
> <replaceregexp> doesn't seem to support <path>
>

>             Any way to do this?
>

> Thanks
>
> Mark
>

> This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: canned fileset with replaceregexp

Posted by Frank Harnack <ha...@mail05.harlau.de>.
Hi Mark,

<fileset> has the (maybe undocumented) id/refid concept.

Regards

Frank