Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Margus Roo <ma...@roo.ee> on 2016/01/21 16:05:24 UTC

Two parallel agents from same source to same sink

Hi

I try to set up flume high availability
 From rsyslog comes same feed to two different servers s1 and s2.
In both servers are configured flume-agents to listen feed from rsyslog.
Both agents are writing feed to HDFS.
What I am getting into HDFS is different files with duplicated content.

Is there any best practice architecture how to use flume in situations
like this.
What I am trying to avoid is in situation when one server is down then
syslog is forwarded into two servers and at least one can transport
events to HDFS.

At the moment I thought I can clean after some time duplicates before
hive will use directory.

--
Margus (margusja) Roo
http://margus.roo.ee

Re: Two parallel agents from same source to same sink

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
You can configure rsyslog to do the failover and only send to one of them
using "$ActionExecOnlyWhenPreviousIsSuspended on" I think
If you can life with an occasional duplicate that should do, otherwise you
need something more complex.

Regards,
Gonzalo