Posted to user@hive.apache.org by BALAKRISHNAN VISWANATHAN <vb...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/10/29 13:52:54 UTC

Not able to run queries in Hive

All,

Am trying to setup Hive over Hadoop. Things I have done are
a.) Install CYGWIN
b.) Install Hadoop.
c.) Configure Hive over Hadoop.

After that, when I run CYGWIN, and type in hive, I get the CLI window. After all this, when I run SHOW TABLES command, I don't see any response. Can some one help over this please ?

267766@PC148626 ~/hadoop
$ hive
cygpath: can't convert empty path
555 /cygdrive/D/TDG/cygwin/home/267766/hadoop/bin
444 /cygdrive/D/TDG/cygwin/home/267766/hadoop/bin/../libexec
cygpath: can't convert empty path
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/D:/TDG/cygwin/home/267766/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/hive-common-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/267766/hive_job_log_267766_201210291751_955405065.txt
hive> SHOW TABLES;

Thanks , Bala

Re: Not able to run queries in Hive

Posted by BALAKRISHNAN VISWANATHAN <vb...@yahoo.co.in>.