Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Herm Wong <he...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/27 21:09:44 UTC

copyright notices

Just wondering how we are handling copyright notices?

For example if a contributor wrote an API for Cordova and his employer's legal department wants to him to include a copyright notice on the files. Does the copyright notice go in the LICENSE or NOTICE file in the root or does it go in the actual source files authored by the contributor?

Re: copyright notices

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
According to this: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

1. If the source file is submitted with a copyright notice included in
it, the copyright owner (or owner's agent) must either:
    1. remove such notices, or
    2. move them to the NOTICE file associated with each applicable
project release, or
    3. provide written permission for the ASF to make such removal or
relocation of the notices.

Re: copyright notices

Posted by Tim Kim <ti...@gmail.com>.
I think it should go into the NOTICE file in the root. [1]

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#header-existingcopyright