Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Etienne Dumoulin <et...@idiro.com> on 2016/12/12 17:06:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Red Sqirl 1.2

Hi all,

I'd like to share details of a project that I've been working on for a few
years, and is finally released.

Some time ago we recognised a need for a drag-and-drop platform to make
analytics on Hadoop accessible to all. This led us to develop Red Sqirl
<http://www.redsqirl.com/>.
Red Sqirl is technology agnostic batch data pipeline platform. It is using
the processing engine/data store of your choosing and is not limited to
ODBC/JDBC. You can find the source code on github
<https://github.com/idiro> and
create your own modules.

To get a better idea, please visit our website <https://redsqirl.com/>,
read our motivations
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/our-take-big-data-%C3%A9tienne-dumoulin?published=t>,
a simple sentiment analysis use case
<https://redsqirl.com/help/twittertorial.html> or a case study
<http://idiro.com/2016/11/major-international-telco-chooses-red-sqirl/>.
I'd love to get your feedback on it.

All the best,

Étienne

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Sqirl 1.2

Posted by Etienne Dumoulin <et...@idiro.com>.
Hi Julian,

Indeed, our license is not an OSDI open source license.
But we don't limit usage as the Fair Source license would.
Red Sqirl is entirely free of charge, free to download and free to modify.

Regards,

Étienne

--
Étienne Dumoulin