Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Juan Angel Martin <ma...@camerfirma.com> on 2003/05/13 18:44:37 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2 and client autentication

Hi all,

I have one Linux server with Apache 1.3.27 and it's configured for
client authentication in one port.

When I connect with it at that port with IE 6.0.or Netscape 7.0 or 4.78,
the server asks me the container's password that keeps the private key
needed for authenticate me only one time.

But I have another with Apache 2.0.45, configured as the other one with
1.3.27; it has the same SSL virtual hosts configuration options.

With this server, the server asks me the container's password that keeps
the private key needed for authenticate me for every frame o picture
that the page shows.

How can I get that the server with Apache 2.0.45 only asks me for the
password one time like the other one with Apache 1.3.27?

Thanks in advance
Juanan

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2 and client autentication

Posted by Juan Angel Martin <ma...@camerfirma.com>.
  Hi,

This the part of log obtained when I request one html page with two
frames. The browser asks me for the password 4 times.

[info] Connection to child 1 established (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Seeding PRNG with 512 bytes of entropy
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1757): OpenSSL: Handshake: start

[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1761): OpenSSL: Handshake: done
[info] Connection: Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Protocol: SSLv3, Cipher:
RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 1 (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443)
[info] Connection to child 1 closed with unclean
shutdown(xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Connection to child 6 established (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Seeding PRNG with 512 bytes of entropy
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1757): OpenSSL: Handshake: start

[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1761): OpenSSL: Handshake: done
[info] Connection: Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Protocol: SSLv3, Cipher:
RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 6 (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443)
[info] Connection to child 6 closed with unclean
shutdown(xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Connection to child 5 established (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Seeding PRNG with 512 bytes of entropy
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1757): OpenSSL: Handshake: start
[info] Connection to child 3 established (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Seeding PRNG with 512 bytes of entropy
[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1757): OpenSSL: Handshake: start

[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1761): OpenSSL: Handshake: done
[info] Connection: Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Protocol: SSLv3, Cipher:
RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)

[debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1761): OpenSSL: Handshake: done
[info] Connection: Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Protocol: SSLv3, Cipher:
RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)

[info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 5 (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443)
[info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 3 (xxx.xxx.xxx:4443)
[info] Connection to child 5 closed with unclean
shutdown(xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
[info] Connection to child 3 closed with unclean
shutdown(xxx.xxx.xxx:4443, client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

You can see that there is 4 connections. But every connection is closed
with unclean shutdown, I don't know why.

Regards
Juanan

Posted by Juan Angel Martin <ma...@camerfirma.com>.
Hi,