Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/11/01 17:10:22 UTC

Using Jira (was RE: [CLI] 2.x Tasks)

> Now that we have jira on nagoya should we move to use this instead of
> Bugzilla?  No biggy, but it is much a nicer interface than bugzilla.

Not yet, please.  We're still tuning the installation, and will certainly
blow away the current database at least once more before declaring it open.
We'll probably do a bugzilla import once before blowing away the current db.

	--- Noel

Re: Using Jira (was RE: [CLI] 2.x Tasks)

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Rob Oxspring wrote:

> I'm happy to switch to jira as and when, although I've used it before
> for reporting the grand total of  1 bug but I expect it'll be straight
> forward.  Anything's going to be a bit nicer than bugzilla!

Just to throw in my tuppence,

I've been using JIRA at work and at http://www.osjava.org. Apart from a
worry that the sheer number of projects will make the default front page
unworkable, JIRA is a joy to use.

Hen

Re: Using Jira (was RE: [CLI] 2.x Tasks)

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org>.
John Keyes wrote:

>>> Now that we have jira on nagoya should we move to use this instead of
>>> Bugzilla?  No biggy, but it is much a nicer interface than bugzilla.
>>

>> Not yet, please.  We're still tuning the installation, and will
>> certainly
>> blow away the current database at least once more before declaring it
>> open.
>> We'll probably do a bugzilla import once before blowing away the
>> current db.
>

> Sure thing.  Just wanted to see what other cli heads thought.

I'm happy to switch to jira as and when, although I've used it before
for reporting the grand total of  1 bug but I expect it'll be straight
forward.  Anything's going to be a bit nicer than bugzilla!

Rob

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.