Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kyle Lomeli <ky...@deitel.net> on 2002/05/09 18:55:14 UTC

Bug: multiRef element encodingStyle, fixes?

I was informed in a previous thread in the Axis Users mailing list that
Beta-2 fixes a bug in which the encodingStyle attribute is missing from the
multiRef element in an Axis-generated SOAP response.

While the Beta-2 release does include the encodingStyle attribute in the
multiRef elements, it does not prefix it with the SOAP-ENV prefix. The
multiRef element in the response Axis generated for a client I wrote using
Sun's JAX-RPC RI follows:

  <multiRef id="id0" SOAP-ENC:root="0"
xsi:type="ns3:PriceQuote"
xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:encodingStyle"
xmlns:ns3="FlatBug:deitel">

When I add the SOAP-ENV prefix to the encodingStyle attribute, the JAX-RPC
client works:

  <multiRef id="id0" SOAP-ENC:root="0"
xsi:type="ns3:PriceQuote"
xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:encodingStyle"
xmlns:ns3="FlatBug:deitel">

Could anyone fix this? Thanks again to all.

PS. Sorry I crossposted this message, but I feel this is an issue that
concerns the developers more than it does the users.

 Kyle Lomelí
 Software Developer
 Deitel & Associates, Inc.
 www.deitel.com

 Register now for the DEITEL BUZZ e-mail newsletter at
 http://www.deitel.net/newsletter/subscribe.html

multiRef element encodingStyle...

Posted by Kyle Lomeli <ky...@deitel.net>.
I'm sorry if I'm sounding too pushy, but I really need an answer to my
question.

I posted a question earlier reporting a bug. I need to know if this is
something that Axis should fix or whether I should look elsewhere for a
resolution.

The encodingStyle attribute of the multiRef element in a SOAP response is
missing the SOAP-ENV prefix. This is causing my JAX-RPC RI (JWSDP) client to
bomb.

>From what I understand, the encodingStyle attribute must be prefixed by the
SOAP-ENV prefix. Although I am open to the possibility that I am mistaken.

Any info is greatly be appreciated.