Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by " mitul.v" <mi...@njgroup.in.INVALID> on 2020/03/30 06:17:05 UTC

Disable Copy Paste on local machine

Team,Can someone help us to disable copy paste from remote to local machine. Copy paste should work internally in remote machine. This is for Data Security.Thanks in advance.Regards,Mitul Vanasiwala
Disclaimer: Privileged & confidential information is contained in this message (including all attachments). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please destroy this message immediately and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in any manner whatsoever, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. This e-mail, including all attachments hereto, is for discussion purposes only and shall not be deemed or construed otherwise unless expressly stated. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent that of NJ Group of Companies. This communication, including any attachments,may not be free of viruses, interceptions or interference, and may not be compatible with your systems. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and NJ Group of Companies shall not be liable for any damage that yo
 u may sustain as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, a delay in receipt of this message or computer problems experienced. This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by NJGroup Email Server, and is believed to be clean.

Re: Disable Copy Paste on local machine

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM Sebastian Männling <
sebastian.maennling@qubestack.org> wrote:

> In xrdp (Linux) you can configure the clipboard to deny copy from remote
> to local.
>
> But I do not know of any functionality like this in windows.
>

> On 30. Mar 2020, at 17:22, Allen Chen <ac...@harbourfrontcentre.com>
> wrote:
>

> I think you can not stop this. They can just take a photo. How do you
> prevent this one?
>
> Allen
> On 3/30/2020 2:17 AM, mitul.v wrote:
>
> Team,
>
> Can someone help us to disable copy paste from remote to local machine.
> Copy paste should work internally in remote machine. This is for Data
> Security.
>
> Thanks in advance.

This functionality has been added to Guacamole in the git repo and should
be released in version 1.2.0:

And, yes, determined users could still take screenshots of data on their
local computers and exfiltrate data that way, this just makes it a little
more difficult to accomplish.

-Nick

Re: Disable Copy Paste on local machine

Posted by Sebastian Männling <se...@qubestack.org>.

Posted by polpo999 <po...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Disregard my question, I found a solution. Sorry for the spam.

Posted by polpo999 <po...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Allen Chen <ac...@harbourfrontcentre.com>.