Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Marc Northover <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/07 18:33:02 UTC

(SCM-18) Use of starteam through maven-scm-plugin

Looking to help out getting StarTeam working with the
maven-scm-plugin.

What I have done so far:
- checked out maven-scm-plugin-1.0-alpha-3 (Should
this be my baseline to start)?
- compiled (with changes to release-pom.xml(s)):
    changed version of maven-clean-plugin and
maven-release-plugin
- attempted to checkout with no luck:
    error: You need to define a connectiuonUrl
parameter

This is where I am stuck:
<scm>
    <connection>...
    <url>...

So my path forward is:
- figure out why subversion isn't working.
- continue with StarTeam

Marc

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Marc Northover
http://www.moink.com

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: (SCM-18) Use of starteam through maven-scm-plugin

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
You are welcome to fix any JIRA
 -Dan

Posted by Marc Northover <pu...@yahoo.com>.
Maybe I am more interested in the SCM-56:  if the POM
has the SCM information then -DconnectionUrl is not
required (in m2).  If the plan is to resolve this
issue and there is a need for assistance let me know.

Marc

--- Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> you need to specify the connectionUrl in cli
> parameter
>
> m2 -DconnectionUrl=YOUR_SCM_URL scm:checkout
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Marc Northover a écrit :
> > Looking to help out getting StarTeam working with
> the
> > maven-scm-plugin.
> >
> > What I have done so far:
> > - checked out maven-scm-plugin-1.0-alpha-3 (Should
> > this be my baseline to start)?
> > - compiled (with changes to release-pom.xml(s)):
> >     changed version of maven-clean-plugin and
> > maven-release-plugin
> > - attempted to checkout with no luck:
> >     error: You need to define a connectiuonUrl
> > parameter
> >
> > This is where I am stuck:
> > <scm>
> >     <connection>...
> >     <url>...
> >
> > So my path forward is:
> > - figure out why subversion isn't working.
> > - continue with StarTeam
> >
> > Marc
> >
> > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> > Marc Northover
> > http://www.moink.com
> >

> > __________________________________
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Marc Northover
http://www.moink.com

__________________________________

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Marc Northover <pu...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry,  I should have been more clear.  I am
interested in the maven2 side of things.  Is this the
right group to discuss?  If so, should I be working
with a 2.0-alpha-X version?

Marc

--- dan tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marc
>   the current the implementation use stcmd, sothat
> it would work with older
> starteam
> but the drawback is stdcmd only works on windows
>  maven1 maven-scm-plugin in SVN already support
> starteam. You can checkout
> the source, build the plugin, and the site to see
> the usage
>  It will be great if we can add one more starteam
> provider using starteam
> java sdk
> so i will work with all platforms
>    -Dan
>

>  On 10/7/05, Marc Northover
> <pu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Looking to help out getting StarTeam working with
> the
> > maven-scm-plugin.
> >
> > What I have done so far:
> > - checked out maven-scm-plugin-1.0-alpha-3 (Should
> > this be my baseline to start)?
> > - compiled (with changes to release-pom.xml(s)):
> > changed version of maven-clean-plugin and
> > maven-release-plugin
> > - attempted to checkout with no luck:
> > error: You need to define a connectiuonUrl
> > parameter
> >
> > This is where I am stuck:
> > <scm>
> > <connection>...
> > <url>...
> >
> > So my path forward is:
> > - figure out why subversion isn't working.
> > - continue with StarTeam
> >
> > Marc
> >
> > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> > Marc Northover