Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 01:54:08 UTC

Setting a Locale

I am working with some legacy code. The app is capable of setting a
different locale based, seems to me, on flashvars sent to the app. But I
dont see anywhere any code setting up resourceManager.localeChain. Are
there other ways of setting up different locales?

Thanks

Re: Setting a Locale

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/15/15, 8:41 AM, "mark goldin" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Unless I remove params.allowscriptaccess nothing goes on screen. Not even
>Initializing progress bar.

Sounds like some part of your site is being loaded from another domain.
Maybe use a network monitor to see.

-Alex

Re: Setting a Locale

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I see it. Thanks. Here is my script block:
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.localeChain = 'fr-FR';
flashvars.resourceModuleURLs="fr_FR_ResourceModule.swf";
var params = {};
            params.quality = "high";
            params.bgcolor = "#ffffff";
            params.allowscriptaccess = "sameDomain";
            var attributes = {};
            attributes.id = "alarms";
            attributes.name = "alarms";
            attributes.align = "middle";
     swfobject.embedSWF('alarms.swf', 'mainDiv', '100%', '100%', '14.0.0',
'expressInstall.swf', flashvars,  params, attributes);
   </script>

Re: Setting a Locale

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Setting a Locale