Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/06/02 23:00:29 UTC

Re: "No tvx file" error

It can be safely ignored (in fact the warning has been removed in
later versions) so I suspect your other issues are unrelated.

It sounds like you are somehow not properly indexing term vectors, but
would have to see some code to know for sure.

Big question, what requirement is forcing you to use 1.4.3?

-Grant

On May 29, 2008, at 4:56 AM, Pablo B. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing a code to convert all text files in subdirectories from
> a given
> path to Arff file for weka. To do so, I am using lucene-1.4.3.jar.
> The call
> to method writer.add(doc) outputs (only for some text files) the error
> message "No tvx file", were writer is type IndexWriter and doc is type
> Document.
> If I change the name of the files that trigger this message, the
> error does
> not occur on them but it is output for other files with which it
> worked
> correctly. i am going crazy!
>
> In some forums I have read it is only a warning message, but I
> cannot ignore
> it because it does not index those files, so later, in my own code,
> when I
> call termFreqVector.getTerms() for the failing file, it returns a null
> pointer exception, which does not make sense because the file has
> text in
> it!
>
> Any one can help?
> Thank you in advanced,