Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Kumari, Shailja" <Sh...@deshaw.com> on 2009/01/21 07:15:01 UTC

Pom packaging

 Hi,

 I have  directory strucute like this

             a/b
            a/c
            a/d.java
            a/e.java

I have one pom.xml  under "a" directory .. Having code for compilation
and redirecting directories from there
Like
<project>
<groupId>m</groupId>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<artifactId>a</artifactId>
<version>1.0</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>
<modules>
<module>b</module>
<module>c</module>
</modules>

<build>

<sourceDirectory>${TOPDIR}/${JAVA_CLASSES_SRC}/${CUR_DIR}</sourceDirecto
ry> -- all properties are defined
 <outputDirectory>${TOPDIR}/${JAVA_CLASSES_DEST}</outputDirectory>

<testSourceDirectory>${basedir}/test</testSourceDirectory>
<testOutputDirectory>${TOPDIR}/${JAVA_CLASSES_DEST}</testOutputDirectory

</plugins>
------- code for compilation----->
<plugin>
----------------
</plugin>
</plugin>
</build>
</project>

What  happen when I do  mvn compile ,under "a " directory .. Directories
b and c get compiled  but not all .java files under a
  means a/d.java and a/e.java is not getting compild .  WHY ? Plz help
me

RE: Pom packaging

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/maven
-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml?view=markup
Look for " <!-- START SNIPPET: pom-lifecycle -->" and then the
jar-lifecycle right below.

I also recommend you read http://www.sonatype.com/book

Posted by SHAILJA <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pom packaging

Posted by SHAILJA <sh...@gmail.com>.
 Thanks  alot

 Next thing is that , I am having a huge directory structure like

 dempack/room/primitive/*.java
 demapack/jmx/console/*.java
                   /rfg/pool/bevarage/*.java
                   /rfg/pool/bevarage/test/*Test.java

  like this with lots of .java,.prejava, .properties, .h, .xml,.html ,.pl
file
i have to install all  all .pl file to a different location like
/basic/java/include/cfg
 all .xml file to some other location

will accepting  maven tool for my project will be five. Condition is , i
dont want to  restructure my present directiry.

I am using maven , bt it is quite difficult  for compiling of source file
and junit testing .
If i use aggregation ang inheretence  for my project .  under pom packaging

Re: Pom packaging

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.