Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jbatten <jb...@coat.com> on 2007/07/23 18:25:34 UTC

Problems getting JMeter to log into Web Application

Hi, I'm new to using the JMeter tool and was hoping someone might be able to
advise how to actually log into an application with a username and password.
The website I am trying to access is a typical example where a username and
password would need to be provided followed by pressing an enter button. I
have entered parameters on the HTTP Request Sampler for the Username and
Password but was not sure if I have to provide a parameter and value for the
actual enter button. All attempts I have made do not bring me past the login
page.  I have searched through the JMeter online user's manual as well as
other online resources but have found very little details as far as actually
logging into a website with a user_id/password. Would someone have an
example of the parameters and values needed to accomplish this as well as
any other details in which I may not be aware.  Note, I already know for
sure that the HTTP Authorization manager is not needed to access the website
in question. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Problems getting JMeter to log into Web Application

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.
You'll need to pull out the form action after the initial HTTP Request
sample. Using a Regular Expression extractor is a fairly quick way to do
this. Then, you'll need to submit the extracted URL and add the
user_id/password as parameters.

Alternatively, if you know the address the submit the credentials to, you
could start your test plan with that address and your credentials as
parameters. Be sure to check that the Method is set to the right value
(GET/POST).

http://recursor.blogspot.com