Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 16:32:16 UTC

Not able to generate code

Hello. I'm using Axis2 1.1 to generate code for a service. I use the
following command:

/opt/axis2-1.1/bin/wsdl2java.sh -uri ./wsdl/wsctx.wsdl -ss -g -sn
PriorService -o ./PriorService

But got the following output:

 Using AXIS2_HOME:   /opt/axis2-1.1
 Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08
Unrecognized option: -uri

What's the problem? The shown paths are ok but it complains that uri
is not a valid option while in the documentation says:

WSDL2Code -uri <Location of WSDL>

and also in the tutorial, the first example is:

%AXIS2_HOME%\bin\wsdl2java -uri Axis2UserGuide.wsdl -p
org.apache.axis2.axis2userguide -d adb -s

So -uri option must be understood by Axis.

--
Saludos.
José Antonio Sánchez

Re: Not able to generate code

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
For some reason I've had problems getting wsdl2java.sh to work on my
machine (using Ubuntu Linux) as well.  What I did instead is use the
underlying command that wsdl2java.sh consists of:

./axis2.sh org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java {rest of parameters}

and had more success with it.

A better long-term solution IMHO though is to just use Apache Ant[1] and
keep all the parameters you used in a build file, so there's nothing to
forget a few weeks/months down the road when you need to run this again.

HTH,
Glen

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_0/CodegenToolReference.html#ant