Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 05:54:16 UTC

MINA based test tool

I have been toying with the idea of writing a test tool based on MINA.  This
tool will be similar to what jmeter offers.  I have used jmeter for numerous
programs over the years and was never really happy with how it worked if you
need to test a protocol that jmeter does not support 'out of the box'.  I am
curious as to what the MINA community thinks about such a program.

TIA
Mark

--
--------------------------------
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me; I see

Re: MINA based test tool

Posted by Eero Nevalainen <ee...@indagon.com>.
Hello Mark!

I've used The Grinder http://grinder.sourceforge.net/ , mainly because
it seemed to have less "overhead" than JMeter for testing. I noticed
that quite a bit of the effort needed on a benchmarking tool is related
to distributing and initialising the test clients. You might want to try
this part on existing tools before writing your own, unless you're
content on having a single machine testing tool.

Additionally, we already used MINA in our grinder tests by distributing
the MINA jar with the test files.

-Eero

Re: MINA based test tool

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.