Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Simmerman, Eric" <Er...@Tallan.com> on 2003/06/09 23:09:41 UTC

Unable to set property with a dash in the key

I am unable to set a property with a dash in the key. When I use either
<property> or <jelly:core:set> to set a property with a dash in the key,
echoing the key will result in "0" on the console. I spent a little time
tracking this bug, and I can't find it in the "set" control flow or Jelly's
Context implementation. Can someone verify this issue in the latest
snapshot?

   <goal name="testme">
        <j:set var="dash-key">checked</j:set>
         <echo>${dash-key}</echo>
         <property name="dash-key" value="works"/>
         <echo>${dash-key}</echo>
   </goal>

I think the issue could reside in Jelly's Expression evaluator. Could it be
in the echo tag?  If this group denies responsibilitiy but confirms the
issue, I'll take it to the Jelly group.
Thanks,

-Eric
eric.simmerman<dot-at-dot>tallan.com

Re: Unable to set property with a dash in the key

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
This sounds like bug listed in MAVEN-410?

You seem to have tracked it down a bit more, so adding your information
to MAVEN-410 would be appreciated.

That being said, as I understand things, JEXL is interpreting the dashes
as subtraction (mathematical) which is not so useful.

I'm not necessarily convinced that jexl is wrong, but we really need to
sort this out as the same kind of thing occurs with dots (.)