Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/05 13:57:30 UTC

So, I have a test case

I accidentally stumbled onto a possible interoperation issue with Tomcat and
Xalan/Xerces. I have a test case. Is this something that could be
incorporated into gump?

Re: So, I have a test case

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-11-05, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I accidentally stumbled onto a possible interoperation issue with Tomcat and
> Xalan/Xerces. I have a test case. Is this something that could be
> incorporated into gump?

Well, yes and no.  At least not in any trivial way.

Gump builds Xalan, Xerces and Tomcat from their svn trunks, so the
pieces are there.  But that really is all Gump does, building stuff it
has downloaded from a supported SCM system - and sending off emails if
things go wrong.

So if you get your testcase into a public SCM (svn, CVS and git are
supported on both vmgump.apache.org and gump.zones.apache.org - bzr,
darcs and hg only on vmgump), provide a way to build and execute it
using Ant, Maven (1.x or 2.x), make or a shell script and add the
necessary metadata to Gump's brain - every ASF committer can do that -
Gump will start building your testcase and notify you if things fail.

Stefan