Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de> on 2008/09/05 15:55:11 UTC

[trinidad] how many view states are needed for dialogs?

Hi,

i'm using server side state saving (environment is a portal). How many view
states do i need when using
the dialog framework of trinidad?

I want to reduce the number of view states in server
(org.apache.myfaces.NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION), because of memory
consumption.

Thanks in advance
Daniel :-)

Re: [trinidad] how many view states are needed for dialogs?

Posted by Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de>.
I made some observations, my example looks like this:

				windowWidth="600" windowHeight="300"
                                partialSubmit="true" useWindow="true"
				actionListener="#{myBean.myActionListener}" />

The commandButton which closes the dialog this one (no ppr here?!):

This szenario needs three view states (on the server). RestoreView is called
three times, that fits together?!
The dialog is rendered in an iframe, so two view states are needed: one for
the "normal" page and one for the dialog. But where comes the third view
state into the play?

best regards
Daniel