Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/11/03 18:48:04 UTC

Apache Cocoon 2.2-RC2 Released

   The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the second release
   candidate of Cocoon 2.2.

   Apache Cocoon is a Spring-based framework (since version 2.2) built
   around the concepts of separation of concerns and component-based development.

   Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of component pipelines,
   each component on the pipeline specializing on a particular operation.

   Cocoon 2.2 introduces blocks. A block is the unit of modularization
   in Cocoon (in comparison: Eclipse uses the term plugins, OSGi uses bundles).
   Everything that goes beyond what Cocoon provides in its core modules
   (Spring integration, sitemap and pipeline implementation) is provided as
   block (see below). Custom Cocoon applications are also developed as blocks.
   A block can provide the following features:

     * general servlet services (any servlet can be managed by the Cocoon
       servlet-service framework),
     * special services that provide pipelines as services,
     * component services (Spring beans, Avalon services/components),
     * a container for classes and resources.

   A block is packaged as a Java archive (jar) following certain conventions
   concerning the directory structure.

   Find information about the new features at
   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1420_1_1.html.

   For more information about Apache Cocoon 2.2, please go to
   http://cocoon.apache.org or follow our getting started guide at
   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html.

   The release artifacts are available from the central Maven repository
   (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/).

                                         - o -

   Additionally we also want to announce some more releases:

   SUBPROJECTS
   -----------

   * Cocoon Servlet-Service Framework 1.0.0-RC1
     The Servlet Service Famework makes it easy to use servlets as components
     which can communicate with each other. The current implementation is based
     on Spring 2.0. There are no dependencies on Cocoon core libraries at all.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/servlet-service/1.0/

   * Cocoon Configuration 1.0.1
     The Cocoon Configuration subproject provides basic support for configuring
     web applications. Its current implementation, the Spring Configurator, is a
     useful component providing support in common configuration issues when using
     the Spring framework. There are no dependencies on Cocoon core libraries at
     all.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/

   BLOCKS
   ------

   * Cocoon Ajax 1.0.0-RC1
     Partial page and form reloads

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/ajax/1.0/

   * Cocoon Apples 1.0.0-RC2
     Pure Java implementations of controller logic.

   * Cocoon Auth 1.0.0-RC2
     Authentication and authorization of pipelines and control-flow based
     Cocoon applications.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/auth/1.0/

   * Cocoon Batik 1.0.0-RC2
     Create Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) using Cocoon pipelines.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/batik/1.0/

   * Cocoon Captcha 1.0.0-RC2
     A reader to create CAPTCHAs

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/captcha/1.0/

   * Cocoon Database 1.0.0-RC2
     Direct usage of relational databases with sitemap components.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/databases/1.0/

   * Cocoon Flowscript 1.0.0-RC2
     Flowscript is a continuation-based implementation of Cocoon control
     flow based on Rhino (Javascript/ECMAScript).

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/flowscript/1.0/

   * Cocoon FOP 1.0.0-RC2
     Use Apache FOP, an XSL-FO driven print formatter to render pages to
     PDF or Postscript.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/fop/1.0/

   * Cocoon Forms 1.0.0-RC1
     Cocoon has an advanced forms framework. Together with Flow and JXTemplates,
     Cocoon Forms (or CForms) provides a solid basis for  building interactive
     web applications. Cocoon Forms handles complex use cases while still being
     simple enough to be used by non-Java-programmers who want to add forms to
     their site.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/ajax/1.0/

   * Cocoon Hsqldb-Client 1.0.0-RC2
     JDBC access of a Hsql database

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/hsqldb-client/1.0/

   * Cocoon Hsqldb-Server 1.0.0-RC2
     Start a Hsql database server as part of your Cocoon application.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/hsqldb-server/1.0/

   * Cocoon HTML 1.0.0-RC2
     Generators to deal with HTML.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/html/1.0/

   * Cocoon Linkrewriter 1.0.0-RC2
     Transformers to rewrite all elements containing links.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/linkrewriter/1.0/

   * Cocoon Mail 1.0.0-RC2
     Sitemap components to send emails.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/mail/1.0/

   * Cocoon Template 1.0.0-RC2
     XML-based templating

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/template/1.0/

   TOOLS
   -----

   * Cocoon Maven plugin 1.0.0-M1
     The Cocoon Maven plugin contains several goals that make the life of
     software developers easier, e.g. support for running blocks as webapps or
     support for patching the web.xml at deployment time.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/

   * Cocoon Block Archetype 1.0.0-RC2
     This archetype creates a Cocoon block that comes with some small samples.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/

   * Cocoon Plain-Block Archetype 1.0.0-RC2
     Use this archetype to create the simplest possible Cocoon block.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/

   * Cocoon Webapp Archetype 1.0.0-RC2
     Use this archetype to create a web application that is configured to host
     Cocoon blocks.

     http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/

The Apache Cocoon Project

Re: Apache Cocoon 2.2-RC2 Released

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Sylvain Wallez pisze:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>   The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the second release
>>   candidate of Cocoon 2.2.
>
> Good job folks! And let's hope that 2.2 final will be here for Christmas!

Yep. Many thanks to Reinhard for making a release and others for a hard work!

I strongly believe in 2.2 final coming for Christmas, maybe even earlier. :)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Apache Cocoon 2.2-RC2 Released

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>   The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the second release
>   candidate of Cocoon 2.2.

Good job folks! And let's hope that 2.2 final will be here for Christmas!

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net