Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Drace <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 14:12:03 UTC

open office questions

Hello, I am using OpenOffice on a Macbook to write my dissertation.  Two concerns:  I would like to include sound files, but when I have tried using the insert menu, I get a message saying this file type is not supported.  I have tried several.  Is there a certain file type or is there a problem with this feature and/or my configuration?

Secondly, I have many graphics I have imported in eps format.  Several times during a writing session, the graphics will all become very small and unreadable, at which point I have to shut the software, save and re-open.  Is there some way to avoid this hassle?

Thanks very much for your help.

All the best,

John Drace

Re: open office questions

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
The size of the file is after compression, when you open the file the size could be substantial larger.
100 undo steps could eat a lot of memory depending on the changes you made, if you moved / changed the graphic a couple of times it could use more memory than you expect.

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: open office questions

Posted by John Drace <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: open office questions