Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Luis Gervaso <lu...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/27 19:44:51 UTC

Authentication problem

Hello all,

I need help about authentication problem

The scenario is:

When user login is necessary consult database to obtain user information in
order to store this in the HttpSession

I hope to integrate this with container based security in order to use
getUserPrincipal, etc

if we use j_security_check we aren't be able to consult database in the same
request

regards

--
Un saludo

Re: [OT] Authentication problem

Posted by Marcelo Morales <ma...@redcetus.com>.
Helo

On Jan 27, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Luis Gervaso wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need help about authentication problem
>
> The scenario is:
>
> When user login is necessary consult database to obtain user
> information in
> order to store this in the HttpSession
>
> I hope to integrate this with container based security in order to use
> getUserPrincipal, etc
>
> if we use j_security_check we aren't be able to consult database in
> the same
> request

Thats right. You have to query again.

IMHO, this is not a problem. If you need something heavier, go with a
full-blown security piece, like acegi, and don't use container-based
authentication.

> regards
>
> --
> Un saludo

otro saludo

Marcelo Morales

Re: Authentication problem

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
In that case you may need to look at authentication mechanism provided by JBOSS app server.Ideally since you have an appserver environment,it may be unnecessary to do custom JAAS coding as it will be allready implemented by appserver..But again,since you want country to be included in authentication apart from username/password you may need to extend authetication handlers of Jboss...Google for jboss authentication..

  http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=394898&rl=1

  Rgds
  Prashanth

Luis Gervaso <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello again,

Mi purpose is establish this in order to call ejb in jboss from tomcat

For user authentication i need

user + password + country

user and password come from de login page and country form de last from
www.google (.es | us | fr ) and so (http header host)

gracias :)

2006/1/27, Prashanth.S :

--
Un saludo

Meet your soulmate!
 Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather

Re: Authentication problem

Posted by Luis Gervaso <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Re: Authentication problem