Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Robert Almonte <ra...@plansysit.com> on 2006/03/16 23:45:55 UTC

How to expose a wsdl externally (WebService)?

Hi ServiceMix team,

I would like to know if it is possible to expose a Web Service
externally (WSDL) using a BC that host the service (using what
servicemix already provides).
I have been checking the soap-binding and xfire-binding example, but I
still cannot get a whole picture to tie these two together.
My scenario will be a Web Service that receives SOAP requests for some
data and delegates internally using the NMR to other components.

(e.i,: Soap-over-HTTP with WSDL exposed to client, everything contained
by servicemix except the client)

Client <--> WebService{BC}<-->NMR---Other components

My scenario is close to the soap-binding example, but this one doesn’t
expose the WSDL externally.

The xfire-binding example exposes the WSDL externally, but it is hosted
outside the servicemix.

Somebody posted about creating an Axis2 BC, but I couldn’t find more info.

Can anybody give me some guidance how I could do this with the current
servicemix?

Thanks,

Robert

All information contained in this email is confidential and may be used by the intended recipient only.

Re: How to expose a wsdl externally (WebService)?

Posted by Ian Spence <ia...@gmail.com>.
Works for me, thanks Guillaume.  I will use this as my first venture into
the JBI world.  Really happy with the activity on this mailing list, good
quality topics.

On 3/18/06, Robert Almonte <ra...@plansysit.com> wrote:

> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
> >Yes, this is the reason why the servicemix-http component can not
> >generate a wsdl.  It looks for a service and a port specified by then
> >jbi endpoint.  I guess the jsr181 component should modify the
> >generated wsdl according to these informations.  Could you please
> >raise a jira for that ?
> >
> >In the mean time, you can change the soap-binding demo with the
> >following xbean files:
> >for the binding-su:
> >
> ><?xml version="1.0"?>
> ><beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
> >       xmlns:demo="http://soap">
> >
> >       <http:endpoint service="demo:SimpleService"
> >                                        endpoint="SimpleServiceJBIPort"
> >                      role="consumer"
> >                      locationURI="http://localhost:8192/Service/"
> >                      defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
> >                 soap="true" />
> >
> ></beans>
> >
> >and for the engine-su
> >
> ><?xml version="1.0"?>
> ><beans xmlns:jsr181="http://servicemix.apache.org/jsr181/1.0"
> >       xmlns:demo="urn:servicemix:soap-binding">
> >
> >  <classpath>
> >    <location>.</location>
> >  </classpath>
> >
> >  <jsr181:endpoint pojoClass="soap.SimpleService"
> >                   annotations="none" />
> >
> ></beans>
> >
> >This way, you will be able to see the wsdl for the http proxy endpoint.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Guillaume Nodet
> >
> >On 3/17/06, Tomas Olsson <to...@sics.se> wrote:
> >

> >>Now I saw that I got this warning when starting ServiceMix:
> >>
> >>WARN - Jsr181Endpoint.registerService(279) | The endpoint name defined
> >>in the wsdl (slaManagerJBIPort) does not match the endpoint name defined
> >>in the endpoint spec (slaManager). WSDL description may be unusable.
> >>
> >>I thought the WSDL was generated based on my input? I have exactly
> >>copied the soap-binding example.
> >>
> >>/Tomas

> the

> Thank Guillaume,
> Now the soap-binding generates the wsdl using your recommended
> configuration.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Ian Spence
ianspence@gmail.com
Mob. 07891 875 735
http://nelsonplaza.com

Re: How to expose a wsdl externally (WebService)?

Posted by Robert Almonte <ra...@plansysit.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/06, Jaime Fernández <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Certainly the problem is in the CLASSPATH. However, I've copied the
> component (.zip file) in the install directory (even in the deploy
> directory) but it fails. Shouldn't the components deployed on the "install"
> directory be in the CLASSPATH?.

No, because the class loaders for different components must not be the
same.  This is to ensure that different components can use libraries
that are not compatible.

> It works when I uncompress the component
> file and copy the jar files in the lib folder of servicemix, but it's not a
> very elegant solution.

Yes, but this is the only way to go at the moment.  The main problem
is that if you use the jbi way to install components, you have to use
service units.  If you want to use the servicemix.xml configuration
file, you can not use the jbi installation mode.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Jaime Fernández <jj...@gmail.com>.
Certainly the problem is in the CLASSPATH. However, I've copied the
component (.zip file) in the install directory (even in the deploy
directory) but it fails. Shouldn't the components deployed on the "install"
directory be in the CLASSPATH?. It works when I uncompress the component

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> >Try removing the endpoint attribute on the jsr181:endpoint.
> >
> >This may also be the reason why the http component can not find the WSDL.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Guillaume Nodet
> >
> >On 3/17/06, Tomas Olsson <to...@sics.se> wrote:
> >

> >>Now I saw that I got this warning when starting ServiceMix:
> >>
> >>WARN - Jsr181Endpoint.registerService(279) | The endpoint name defined
> >>in the wsdl (slaManagerJBIPort) does not match the endpoint name defined
> >>in the endpoint spec (slaManager). WSDL description may be unusable.
> >>
> >>I thought the WSDL was generated based on my input? I have exactly
> >>copied the soap-binding example.
> >>
> >>/Tomas

> >>the

> All information contained in this email is confidential and may be used by the intended recipient only.

Re: How to expose a wsdl externally (WebService)?

Posted by to...@sics.se.
Anyway, I got a similar exception when trying to configure jsr181 with a
servicemix.xml file instead of an xbean.xml file. I suppose this exception
should be related. Though I cannot say how, if it ought to work.

/Tomas

Posted by ralmonte <ra...@plansysit.com>.

Posted by ralmonte <ra...@plansysit.com>.
Hi All,

Guillaume Nodet wrote:

>This can be the case if you have specified an enpoint name in the xml, but
>the
>generated WSDL has not the same name for the endpoint.
>
>Try removing the endpoint attribute on the jsr181:endpoint.
>
>This may also be the reason why the http component can not find the WSDL.
>
>Cheers,
>Guillaume Nodet
>
>On 3/17/06, Tomas Olsson <to...@sics.se> wrote:
>

>>Now I saw that I got this warning when starting ServiceMix:
>>
>>WARN - Jsr181Endpoint.registerService(279) | The endpoint name defined
>>in the wsdl (slaManagerJBIPort) does not match the endpoint name defined
>>in the endpoint spec (slaManager). WSDL description may be unusable.
>>
>>I thought the WSDL was generated based on my input? I have exactly
>>copied the soap-binding example.
>>
>>/Tomas
>>

>>Tomas Olsson wrote:
>>

>>>When I try this:
>>>
>>>http://localhost:9080/SLAManagerService//?WSDL
>>>
>>>I get (even though I can see that internally there is a WSDL for my
>>>jsr181-component):
>>>------------
>>>

>>>   HTTP ERROR: 404
>>>
>>>No wsdl is available for this service
>>>
>>>RequestURI=/SLAManagerService/
>>>
>>>/Powered by Jetty:// <http://jetty.mortbay.org>/
>>>
>>>------------
>>>
>>>Maybe this patch is not in the latest SNAPSHOT?
>>>
>>>/Tomas

>>the

All information contained in this email is confidential and may be used by the intended recipient only.

Re: How to expose a wsdl externally (WebService)?

Posted by to...@sics.se.
I removed the endpoint name and the warning disapear, but still no WSDL is
shown.

/Tomas

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomas Olsson <to...@sics.se>.