Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dhanesh kk <kk...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 12:02:42 UTC

transparent failover not working

 list,

 I am a newbe  in tomcat clustering .  I am looking to setup a transparent
failover cluster with 2 tomcats.

 I refered the documents of tomcat5.5  and I configured a transparent
failover cluster with 2 tomcat instances on  2 separate machines  on same
Lan.

 Apahce is infront of this cluster as load balancer  with  mod_ajp ,
LoadBalancing is   working  good.  But   when I shutdown  one  tomcat
instance    then  users  need to login again  to the application.    So the
transparent failover not taking place .  what I made wrong ?

I am attaching the server.xml and web.xml  of  one of the tomcat box  here
.  Let me request  you to have a look on the  config files  and   please
point out what I missed in the config files.

apache-tomcat-5.5.17

jdk1.5.0_15

 if any one  have a  transparent failover cluster  please share me a copy
of   server.xml and web.xml for reference.

Thanks in advance
Dhanesh