Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by John Collins Sunday <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/14 05:11:10 UTC

workflow control

how does one control the workflow in ofbiz. And all this talk going on in
bpm space about assignment of tasks. I want to know how possible such
processes are in ofbiz to help in really automating a business enterprise. I
ask this question because I'm at a point where I want to automate my
companies order, credit and accounts processes such that where certain tasks
that are beyond the decision of a surbodinate it can meet a higher level
manager at his desk when he logs into the system or even notifies him of a
task awaiting his attention via email.

Re: workflow control

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Not a complete answer, just mo make things clear. OFBiz no longer (for many years) uses any workflow engine OOTB.
Look for  "Event Driven Architecture" in this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+Project+Overview

For your other need, Roles seems the best guideline, but would need specific coding

There is also the possibilities to push messages in the backend header, see for instance top right of
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main (admin/ofbiz)
with Tomahawk theme (seems like Flat Grey lost this feature)

HTH

Jaques

From: "John Collins Sunday" <jo...@gmail.com>