Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Konstantinos Margaritis <ma...@debian.gr> on 2004/06/25 20:04:08 UTC

Call.invoke() and exception handling

Hi,
  I've deployed a web service, using the Axis version (1.0) that is
included in WSAD 5.1. Everything is working perfectly but I'm having
the following problem: while in the testing phase of the project, I
have to check the behaviour of the system in bad situations, for
example when there is a timeout in the connection, the system has to
report the error and fall back gracefully. Using the stub that
WSDL2Java produced I can catch the exception (AxisFault) that is
thrown and log the error. But no matter what I do, when Call.invoke()
is called, it itself prints the stack trace of the whole exception,
which is not really wanted, as it prints a lot of stuff that is not
really wanted. Since I have no access to invoke()'s internals I can
not disable this printout.

Has anyone noticed this behaviour before? Is it possible to disable
this printout? Am I missing something in the way exceptions are
handled?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Konstantinos