Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Abe Weinograd <ab...@flonet.com> on 2014/08/20 15:52:11 UTC

Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel

Were you able to get this to work?  I just upgraded HBase to 0.98.1
(CDH5.1) and also to Phoenix 4.0 from 3.0 using the incubating release.
Sqlline seems to work fine.

I tried using the client jar in the downloadable binaries which as you
said, doesn't work.  Rebuilding from scratch didn't help either.  I
included my hbase-site.xml which also didn't help.  Looking at the Squirrel
log4j logs, when i included the larger 4.0 incubating client, i am getting
a lot of ClassDefNotFound errors around junit and mockito.

I did try using the client-without-hbase and then individually deploy the
hbase and other necessary jars to the Squirrel lib and that was able to
connect.  I need to package this easily, so doing it that way will be
difficult.

Oddly it seems that the hadoop1 jar works by itself, but that doesn't make
sense as we are using hadoop 2.3.

Is there anything i am missing here?

Thanks,
Abe

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Sorry for the delayed response. I ran into this problem as well.

SQuirreL SQL Client Version 3.5.0

The driver name has to be keyed in manually, Squirrel does not find it in
in its classpath.
I tried increasing perm gen space to 128 MB and still the same behavior, if
I click on List Drivers the UI freezes and the processes seems to taking up
100% from 2/3 cores, I am guessing looking up the classpath jars.
Ultimately, gave up and decided to kill it and provide the driver name
manually.

-Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Error connecting through SQuirrel

Posted by Abe Weinograd <ab...@flonet.com>.
I was getting those same Perm OOM errors, but when inspecting the log4j
errors from Squirrel I also get a lot of ClassNotFound errors before that.
 This didn't seem to fix it for me.

I am running Squirrel on CentOS 6.5, Java 1.7u55  Thanks for the suggestion
though.

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abe,

Posted by Abe Weinograd <ab...@flonet.com>.