Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2005/07/28 16:01:37 UTC

Jetty appears to die

When I run cocoon.bat from the command line in Windows 2000, it opens a
second window and outputs some lines indicating that it is loading
things and then the window closes and connections from the browser or
telnet are refused.

If I go to my Lenya directory and run the Lenya.bat, it works correctly.

How do I figure out what is wrong with the Cocoon setup?

Ron

Re: Jetty appears to die

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Ron Wheeler wrote:

> I had not copied the endorsed jars to the java endorsed library.
>
> The instructions only mention the xalan libraries which had already
> done to get Lenya working(as far as it does). They do not mention that
> all of the endorsed libraries must be copied.

Can you fill a bug or point where is the document you are refering
above? I want to fix this for other people. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Jetty appears to die

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I had not copied the endorsed jars to the java endorsed library.

The instructions only mention the xalan libraries which had already done
to get Lenya working(as far as it does). They do not mention that all of
the endorsed libraries must be copied.

I abandoned Jetty and focused on Tomcat because the logging is better.
Once I did that and copied the jars, cocoon works except for a missing
sdocbook file which prevents the docbook samples from working. At least
that it what I found so far.

Now to start mucking about and breaking the application side of things.
Aligators killed - I think I originally came here to drain the swamp.

Ron

Re: Jetty appears to die

Posted by Christoph Hermann <ch...@tu-clausthal.de>.

Hello,