Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/09/09 00:08:31 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by PauloCoronado

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by PauloCoronado.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=216&rev2=217

   * [[http://ir.dcs.gla.ac.uk/terrier/|University of Glasgow - Terrier Team]]
    * 30 nodes cluster (Xeon Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB/node storage).
    We use Hadoop to facilitate information retrieval research & experimentation, particularly for TREC, using the Terrier IR platform. The open source release of [[http://ir.dcs.gla.ac.uk/terrier/|Terrier]] includes large-scale distributed indexing using Hadoop Map Reduce.
+
+  * [[http://glud.udistrital.edu.co|Universidad Distrital Francisco Jose de Caldas - Grupo GIGA - Grupo Linux UD GLUD]]
+   5 node low-profile cluster. We use Hadoop to support the research project: Territorial Intelligence System of Bogota City.

   * [[http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/cloud-computing/index.html|University of Maryland]]
    . We are one of six universities participating in IBM/Google's academic cloud computing initiative. Ongoing research and teaching efforts include projects in machine translation, language modeling, bioinformatics, email analysis, and image processing.