Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 15:07:00 UTC

New ContinuationCallback interface

Hi

I'd like to add a new ContinuationCallback [1] interface for getting it
easier to track various invocation status updates.

Particularly it would make it possible for the JAX-RS frontend to
support CompletionCallback [2] but I think it can also be of use to CXF
applications not relying on JAX-RS.

At the moment this interface is a work in progress, supports only two
callback methods. We can improve that when we have more ideas what to
make available to the specific callback methods...

Ideally I'd like to merge it now, before 2.7.0 is out, this is the last
bit I'd like to do for JAX-RS 2.0 AsyncResponse and then move to working
on other things... The code seems safe as the continuation based tests
are running OK, but I can wait till after 2.7.0 is out too

Cheers, Sergey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4531
[2]
http://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/container/CompletionCallback.html