Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by sonia gehlot <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/18 20:46:54 UTC

Newbie to cassandra

Hi everyone,

I am new to Cassandra and wanted to try and start learning Cassandra. I have
database background. I am fully exposed and have full command on Netezza,
Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, SQL etc basically all the relational databases.

As Cassandra is gaining popularity day by day by its amazing features, I
also got tempt towards it and wanted to take deep dive into it.

Please help me by guiding me in a right direction. How can I start working
with Cassandra?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sonia

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Summit: http://cassandrasummit2010.eventbrite.com/
Trainings in SF (day after Summit), NYC, Denver, Seattle:
http://www.eventbrite.com/org/474011012?s=1848277

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Eben Hewitt <eb...@gmail.com>.
You bet:

Cassandra Summit: http://cassandrasummit2010.eventbrite.com

Eric Evan's online OSCON Workshop (3 hours):
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/content/online-tutorial-info

<http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/content/online-tutorial-info>Upcoming
Riptano Training: http://www.eventbrite.com/org/474011012?s=1902671

Eben

RE: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Dwight Smith <Dw...@alcatel-lucent.com>.

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Eben Hewitt <eb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sonia

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Bill Hastings <bl...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers
Bill

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Newbie to cassandra

Posted by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com>.
read the wiki, read about nosql in general.
download and install it, play with it.
browse the source code.

read the bigdata paper by google, dynamo by amazon.