Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/07/28 20:21:41 UTC

Bad WEB.XML File in JSP Test Suite?

The "web.xml" file in the "jsp-tests" test suite includes <taglib>
declarations for two different tag libraries -- one at location
"/WEB-INF/classes/jsp/example-taglib.tld" (which appears to have been
copied from the Tomcat example application web.xml file), and one for
"/WEB-INF/tlds/TestLib.tld".

Only the latter TLD file is actually present in this web application,
which is causing the JSP compiler (when running under Catalina) to throw
XML parsing exceptions because it cannot find the "example-taglib.tld"
file.  It seems to me that the first <taglib> declaration should be
removed from this file.

Craig McClanahan

Re: Bad WEB.XML File in JSP Test Suite?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.