Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Timothee Besset <tt...@idsoftware.com> on 2002/08/11 00:52:59 UTC

--enable-maintainer-mode safety test?

I spent about two hours trying to figure out why my svn server woudln't
start. Was sending out an error about unresolved while trying to dlopen
mod_dav_svn.

Turns out this was happening because of me compiling httpd without
--enable-maintainer-mode, and svn with --enable-maintainer-mode. It would
be good if the build system could check wether or not the maintainer mode
was activated in apache and bail with a clean error..

Should I file this in the issue tracker?

TTimo

Re: --enable-maintainer-mode safety test?

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Timothee Besset <tt...@idsoftware.com> writes:
> I spent about two hours trying to figure out why my svn server woudln't
> start. Was sending out an error about unresolved while trying to dlopen
> mod_dav_svn.
>
> Turns out this was happening because of me compiling httpd without
> --enable-maintainer-mode, and svn with --enable-maintainer-mode. It would
> be good if the build system could check wether or not the maintainer mode
> was activated in apache and bail with a clean error..
>
> Should I file this in the issue tracker?

Not quite yet -- let's let some configuration gurus think out loud a
bit here, then file an issue when we get a better understanding.  (I
do agree that there's an issue here, just think it more convenient for
initial discussion to happen on this list.)

I'm not sure how to go about detecting this.  Any ideas?

-K