Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Xu Xin <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 04:48:53 UTC

Need to upgrade aspectj to 5.1 for Cactus

Hello everyone,

I had java.lang.ClassFormatError:when using Cactus with JRockit 5.0, I also
searched the mail list, found other users also had the same issue. Buf after
I upgraded the aspectj library to 5.1 and build Cactus from source, it
worked fine.

Cactus team, could you please update the aspectj in the standard
distribution which should be rebuilt with the aspect 5.1? That will save
much of maintainance effort for Cactus users.

Thanks.
--
anfernee

--
anfernee

Re: Need to upgrade aspectj to 5.1 for Cactus

Posted by Xu Xin <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your clarification,

Ok, we will look forward to the day's comming that Cactus team accomplish
the migration, and see this issue will be fixed.

Thanks.

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 06/03/07, Xu Xin <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karlovo,
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> If I understand correctly, you're working on the migration from ANT to
> Maven2, which means Cactus will not provide ANT integration any more?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anfernee
>

> On 3/1/07, Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 01/03/07, Xu Xin <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I had java.lang.ClassFormatError:when using Cactus with JRockit 5.0, I
> > > also
> > > searched the mail list, found other users also had the same issue. Buf
> > > after
> > > I upgraded the aspectj library to 5.1 and build Cactus from source, it
> > > worked fine.
> > >
> > > Cactus team, could you please update the aspectj in the standard
> > > distribution which should be rebuilt with the aspect 5.1? That will
> save
> > > much of maintainance effort for Cactus users.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > anfernee
> > >

> > > --
> > > anfernee
> > >

> > Hi Xu,
> >
> > thank you for the proposition. I see that there is an issued that has
> been
> > closed in the JIRA (see [1]). As a matter of fact we are now working on
> > the
> > maven2 build system, and our plan is to switch from Ant. We are going to
> > consider the dependency, so that to ensure this kind of error is no
> longer
> > reproduced.
> >
> > Once again thank you for pointing this, and have a nice day.
> >
> > [1]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CACTUS-129?page=
> >

> com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_54014
> >
> > --
> > Regards, Petar!
> > Karlovo, Bulgaria.
> >
> > Public PGP Key at:
> > http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1A15B53B761500F9
> > Key Fingerprint: AA16 8004 AADD 9C76 EF5B  4210 1A15 B53B 7615 00F9
> >

> --
> anfernee

It's Petar actually :-),

I am originally from Karlovo (it's a town in Bulgaria). And yes - we have a

Posted by Xu Xin <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karlovo,

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.