Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 22:12:49 UTC

Large code contributions

On 9/7/06, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
> I'll request Bruno and Michael to fill one out.  In the interim, will
> committing their contributions to the soc module be problematic?

Kevin, I don't know the answer to that.   If we weren't in the
incubator, I'd say it'd be problematic.    Since we are in the
incubator, and part of incubation is IP processing, maybe it's ok.
It's certainly not desirable, though.  Perhaps one of the mentors can
comment.

Re: Large code contributions

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Thanks for changing the the subject line (I meant to, but forgot).
Given that we are in incubation and that the projects were done under
SoC for ASF, I'm going to go ahead and add them to the SoC module for
now.  Although not the best rationale, I do have some clock cycles to
throw at it now, and I'd rather yank it out if necessary than let it sit
on the curb, so to speak.

Hopefully one of the mentors could speak up later on with some
clarification.

--
Kevin