Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 08:04:45 UTC

ganglia metrics for 'requests'

Hi all,

So I eventually figured out that HBase is reporting the 'request' metric in
X second increments - 10 in my case from the config file.  Unfortunately
that doesn't really seem to be an ideal solution...

So I messed about, and I tried to replicate what was done in Hadoop
Datanode, but all I ended up with was a counter of how many requests - not a
rate.

So I can't figure this out - how do we get a request rate in ganglia?  Is
there a magic flag that needs to be set somewhere so ganglia can transform a
counter into a rate?

Or do we just need to do more work dividing our requests by how many seconds
between reporting intervals?

helpppp!
-ryan

Re: ganglia metrics for 'requests'

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Sounds broken.   There are different types in 0.20.0 after a quick glance.
Maybe this is fixed there?
St.Ack

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.