Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denis <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 04:14:37 UTC

Why does Tomcat require persistent MBeans

Hello,

     Just checked that not all of my mbeans are working under Tomcat 7.
I exported all of them using
/"org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter"/. I see exception when
calling methods on some mbeans. The exception says /"Problem invoking
load. javax.management.MBeanException. Persistence not supported for
this MBean"/. I wonder why is it a strict requirement? I assume this is
important because it can change some internal state of the object. Mine
MBean is supposed to trigger data loading process, so I don't care about
persisting the state.

     1) Is there any way around it?
     2) Why only part of my mbeans are functional inside Tomcat when
they are exported in the same manner without additional configuration?
Is there any standard for classes to be a valid MBeans under Tomcat?

Re: Why does Tomcat require persistent MBeans

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/03/2013 03:14, Denis wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Just checked that not all of my mbeans are working under Tomcat 7. I
> exported all of them using
> /"org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter"/. I see exception when
> calling methods on some mbeans. The exception says /"Problem invoking
> load. javax.management.MBeanException. Persistence not supported for
> this MBean"/. I wonder why is it a strict requirement? I assume this is
> important because it can change some internal state of the object. Mine
> MBean is supposed to trigger data loading process, so I don't care about
> persisting the state.
>
>     1) Is there any way around it?
>     2) Why only part of my mbeans are functional inside Tomcat when they
> are exported in the same manner without additional configuration? Is
> there any standard for classes to be a valid MBeans under Tomcat?

Tomcat does not place any requirements on MBeans. This looks like the
issue is somewhere other than Tomcat.

Mark